hopRSS

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lance Armstrong announces the final international Ride

(NewsCore)-the seven times Tour de France Winner Lance Armstrong said Saturday he will participate in the Tour down under in Australia in January in what will be the final professional race outside his native United States.

39-year-olds will ride in the UCI ProTour race in South Australia from 16 January to 23 for the third and final time.

"I am excited to compete in my last professional position outside the United States in the Tour down under," Armstrong said.

"Will be my third time the event and I'm sure that I will enjoy, as I have the first two times.

Armstrong, who successfully fought battle with testicular cancer and was given the all clear in 1996, he finished 23rd in his final Tour de France in July and is not expected to make another comeback.


AFP for 2010 copyright. all rights reserved.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment